So, uhh it’s been a while since I’ve done a ‘tag’ post, mostly because I’ve been either too busy or too lazy or too forgetful to indulge them! But this one… this one stuck in my brain space for a while and made me think about what I like about anime and what I dislike about conventional Western media. So you know, just standard weeb thoughts y’all! Anyway on with the rules and stuff, thanks to magicconan of The Animanga Spellbook for nominating me!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog post.
- Choose 1 book, movie and TV show of your choice that you think could work as an anime. (A series of books or movies is allowed e.g. Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games)
- If you want to pick more than 1 from each section that’s fine. Or if you can’t think of one for a specific category that’s fine also.
- Explain why you think your choices could work as an anime. Maybe the advent of animation would enhance it, maybe the different anime genres could help expand and improve the story. Just go crazy with it.
- Link back to the original post (this post) so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas.
- Include Make it Anime in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily.
- Nominate around 5-10 bloggers.
And now it begins…
Book Into Anime
I don’t read many books, in fact I can count on one hand the amount of books I’ve read from start to finish… yes it’s that bad. (For the sake of this I don’t count manga as books as I’ve read 100’s if not thousands of manga!) But still to this day, despite my reservations about the author, my favourite book is ‘The Name Of The Wind’ by Patrick Rothfuss. But it’s not because it’s my ~favourite~ that I picked it, it’s because where else but in anime would you be allowed to have a red-headed male character be the protagonist! Certainly not in Hollywood!
Movie Into Anime
Oh boy. Too many to choose from really! I mean for me the benefit of anime over a stand-alone movie will always be the freedom to explore and elaborate and so for that simple reason one of the only movies I want to see expanded and explored in an anime is Inception. Dreams and nightmares and the world of the unconscious lend themselves so well to the animated art form that I can only imagine some sort of ‘Ergo Proxy’-esque series set within the world of dreams and for it to be not anything like ‘Paprika’ would be a bonus (sorry if you liked ‘Paprika’)…
TV Show Into Anime
There’s so many TV shows out there whose scope is limited only by the budget of a live action TV series and thus would benefit from an anime adaptation. But let’s not forget the real reason many (mostly myself) are watching anime–and it’s because of the relentless fan service. And what TV show projected more fan service by its name alone (and that unforgettable slo-mo theme) than Baywatch! I mean I never watched a single episode of the show (it’s true, 3D girls have cooties after all) but it’s practically the only live action show to prominently feature “jiggle physics” and that alone nominates it for fan-service stardom. Plus there’s male lifesavers too so this could be the perfect opportunity, not seen since Food Wars, to equalise the fan-service between men and women! Imagine! A show where male and female perverts can watch together in harmony~ this is the true Utopian ideal!
And there’s my 3 picks! Bet you didn’t expect those (or maybe you did, if so good for you for being psychic)! So now I’ve got to nominate some bloggers to participate, if you’ve already been nominated or don’t want to participate no worries!
Thanks for reading, hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it!
If you liked my post and want to support my content, please consider supporting my Patreon page, or donating by buying me a coffee on Ko-fi!
Categories: Random Posts