So there’s this tag which seems like a bit of fun (plus as a fan of ‘Frozen’ that name is amazing!), I’ve never contributed to something like this before but Arthifis tagged me (and said some nice things about me too!) so I figured, why the heck not and decided to give it a go!
- Copy the post you were tagged in (From the Rules down, include links to each person’s post. Exclude that person’s personal comments and their tag choice, of course.)
- Read the general rules Here (the post will be updated as new rules appear)
- According to the rules for the current section, write your piece of the post.
- Tag a post of someone who has not yet been tagged. (Give them 3 days or so to accept, if they don’t you can choose someone else to keep the tag moving.)
- If you accept a tag, try and get the next piece written within a week, so things keep moving at a decent pace.
- Have fun!!!
Rules – Section 1: Setting/Worldbuilding
- Use between 100 and 300 words (a little overflow is ok but don’t go too wild), to add a piece to the setting of our Shonen world. Feel free to draw on various types of Shonen tropes, but make sure that your part of the setting follows a certain “Theme.” Themes can be such things as “Magic system”, “Politics”, “Geography”, “Technology”, “Organizations”, etc.
- Make sure to label the “Theme” of your piece of the world setting at the top of your section, as demonstrated below.
- Try not to duplicate themes.
- You can go into as much or as little detail as you want, as long as you stay within the word limit.
- Have fun with stuff, but try and make things fit into the pre-existing pieces of the world setting.
Themes already created:
So, what am I going to add to this little world we’re creating, well the weather of course! Though hopefully it’ll be a bit more interesting than the weather we’re all used to and lead to some plot developments later on!
Flux Storms are unpredictable and violent weather systems of raw magic energy that sweep across the landscape with little notice or prediction. They only last for minutes at a time but for anyone caught up in these magical tempests the usual outcome is an overflow of magic which renders the victim comatose–the mind unable to deal with this surge of energy. While a relatively recent phenomena (the last ten years or so) no one who has been caught up in a Flux Storm has ever awoken…
Flux Storms, while generally feared for by the populous can be avoided by seeking shelter in a rune-enhanced dwellings. Modern housing comes enhanced with runic protection but it’s an expensive service that not everyone can afford. There are those who do not fear the Flux Storms however, believing greater magical abilities can be afforded to those who do not fear the storms and instead embrace them. Different factions have different views: some seek to harness the high level of magical energy the storms output through science, while others have formed disorganised cults that wish “to be one with the flux”, though all have failed so far at taming this wild weather.
And that’s my input to the tag, hopefully it can tie into what’s come before! I didn’t tie any of the specific political factions that Arthifis mentioned in their post to anything in my post just to keep things open-ended. Whether this becomes a main part of the story or if this is just a facet of the world, I guess we’ll see in future instalments of this tag!
Now I have to tag someone to continue with this, if you don’t want to participate then let me know in the comments and I’ll tag someone else. I pick Scott!
If you liked my post and want to support my content, please consider supporting my Patreon page, or donating by buying me a coffee on Ko-fi!
Categories: Untold Questions